The University of New Mexico’s Department of Anesthesiology has a strong set of commitments in which we base our day to day operations. These are:
- We always proceed with administrative clarity and high ethical values.
- We commit to provide and keep careful, relevant and legible documentation.
- Accurate billing and coding.
- Our Department does not accept gratuities, kickbacks, gifts, beyond those permitted by the law or through adequate institutional channels.
- We do not participate in self-referral.
- Activities such as unbundling, up-coding or submitting false claims are illegal and therefore not permitted.
- We adhere to Antitrust Laws.
- We maintain constant vigilance for updates in local, state and federal regulations affecting our practice.
- We remain attentive of any abuse or transgressions of the laws and regulations dictating our practice.
- We have in place a non-retaliation policy for those who observe any potential violation of the above commitments.
- We constantly re-assess our policies and procedures to maintain an up to date compliance program.
- Our physicians and staff in general are well informed and rigorously practice the above commitments.