Functions and responsibilities
Anesthesiology Department Compliance Committee
The Compliance Committee will serve as a means of oversight to assure adherence to Institutional, State, and Federal requirements regarding the clinical care of patients. The compliance requirements to be monitored will include:
- Documentation of clinical care and services rendered.
- Coding policies and billing practices.
- Monitoring of compliance with recognized standards of anesthesia practice.
- The Committee is charged with the responsibility of establishing and maintaining those processes necessary to continuously monitor and improve compliance with regulatory standards as relates to anesthesia services.
- The Committee will compare UNM departmental performance to accepted standards, and will implement educational programs and management strategies to correct identified compliance deficiencies.
- The Committee will oversee a department-wide educational program emphasizing anesthesia compliance; participation in this educational program will be required for all members of the Faculty, Staff, Midlevel providers, Coders, Residents and Fellows.
- The Committee will report findings of periodic assessments and audits to the Faculty on a quarterly basis.
These functions & responsibilities were adopted by the committee on: July 2010.