What does your Anesthesiologist do during your visit to UNM Health Sciences Center?
- We optimize your preoperative medical status to ensure the safest conditions for surgery.
- We administer a wide variety of medications to ensure unconsciousness, treat pain, and stabilize your vital signs during surgery.
- With medications we adjust your breathing, circulation, temperature, kidney function, and other important bodily functions.
- We provide optimal operating conditions for your surgeon.
- We care for your medical needs and pain control in the early postoperative period.
Go to the American Society of Anesthesiologists Patient Information web pages for more information on specific areas of patient care.